Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gone Painting

This past week I've been busy getting organized for a 3 week stretch away from home. Not only do I have to get prepared for my workshop in Taos (Intensive Studies Seminar), but I've also had to look forward to my trip/art opening/workshop in Hilo, since time will be short once I'm back from New Mexico.

On my list:
- Getting a promotional postcard made. (Actually doing this twice since the 1st had a typo and bad coloring.)
- Making posters for the Hilo events.
- Taking paintings to the giclee printer.
- Picking up my new business cards.
- Getting art supplies.
- Buying mats and framing materials.

All of the above has $$ flying out of my bank account. I was questioning the adage "you have to spend money to make money." (Just what is the limit in spending before you have just gone nuts and will never make the money back?)

Then I got a call from Mike who announced I had gotten a check from the Volcano Art Center for the sale of Night Run, the painting below. One sale won't cover all my expenses, but it made me feel more justified in the outgo.

 


I'll be out of touch now for the next 20 days or so, but will have plenty of blogging material when I return.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: