Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reworking a Painting

I started this painting weeks ago with my method of blowing ink across the paper and responding to those marks after the ink has dried. I made an attempt at completing the work, but felt it fell short of the mark.

It sat on a shelf for the last month or more. Two days ago I wet and scrubbed out the middle of the painting, leaving only the sky and foreground. Today I reworked the middle parts with watercolor, added some more ink marks.

I'm much happier with the piece now.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret,

I just finished touring your website and dipping into the blog here and there. I must say I am very impressed with it all. Your work is just outstanding! The website is very well done and easy to move through. You've clearly put the necessary effort into your art to warrent the success you are having! Kudos to you!

Randy Dunbar