Thursday, December 3, 2009

November--A Month of Family, Artist's Bio, and Creating a Logo

Looking at my last blog entry, I see it's been less than a month, but it feels much longer to me. November has flown by with lots of stuff happening, yet I feel I haven't accomplished much.

On the family front, we got to see our grandchildren more than usual. They came to visit us. The weather was chilly, but clear, which allowed the following:

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


Swinging over the front pond,

 
Posted by Picasa

Warming up with a tea party,

 
Posted by Picasa

And sleeping like a baby.

And then there were birthdays to celebrate.

 
Posted by Picasa

Our oldest, Meg, turned 35!

 
Posted by Picasa

I rarely bake, but I made an old family favorite, Red Velvet Cake.

It was a great party enjoyed by family and friends.

 
Posted by Picasa

My mom with son-in-law Josh.

 
Posted by Picasa

Our oldest granddaughter, Kelly.

 
Posted by Picasa

Grandaughter Marin, our current reigning princess.

 
Posted by Picasa


And proof that grandson Noah is finally warming up to me!

And then there was Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving in Vancouver, where all Mike and I did was take a couple of side dishes. Josh and Rachel hosted, and Meg brought one of her speciaties, mashed potato casserole.

 
Posted by Picasa


Here are Rachel, Marin and I dressed up for the day.

After dinner we crossed the bridge to Portland, visiting my sister Barbara's house.

 
Posted by Picasa

Here's the photo we took for Mother's Christmas letter.

And then on Saturday, before leaving Vancouver, we had a little gift unwrapping. Rachel, Josh and their children will be in Germany for Christmas, so the grandchildren opened some gifts.

 
Posted by Picasa

Noah with his favorite animal.

 
Posted by Picasa

Marin with new art supplies.

 
Posted by Picasa

And the three little grandchildren listing to Mimi and Dabbadoo reading "The Night Before Chistmas." This is a clever Hallmark book with a built-in recorder, so Mike and I were able to read the poem at home and the kids can listen to it by simply opening the book and turning the pages.

So, with all this activity, I have not produced any new paintings, but have 2 in the process. I did spend a day creating my first (and probably last) logo for Godfrey Engineering LLC.


Hand created image.


Computer created image.

I also read "Starving" to Sucessful by J. Jason Horejs. He's a gallery owner who is getting rich off of "starving" artists like me who are looking for a foolproof and easy way to sell art. But, honestly, the book is a helpful handbook to getting into galleries and selling art. Using his advise, I spent a lot of time wrting an artist bio, which I needed to write for Coos Art Museum. It was a long process and there is much needed decision making. It is also a document an artist should have for one's portfolio. If any of you are interested, I would be happy to share my experience and show you what I ended up with. Just email me.

Now that I am caught up, I am headed out to the studio to PAINT!

No comments: