Tuesday, March 13, 2012

15 Art Blogs to Watch in 2012

Thanks to a nomination by my friend Ruth Armitage, my blog was listed in Donna Zagata's list of 15 Art Blogs to Watch in 2012. You can view the entire list at http://donnazagotta.com/blog/

The painting below was started earlier this month in the workshop I held at the Emerald Art Center. I used it as a demonstration of how to include subject matter in an abstract design. If you look closely, you will see the shape of a heron in the left white of the paper.


 
Posted by Picasa

With a couple of days in the studio, I was able to continue work on this piece to completion. Another painting in my River Series

 
Posted by Picasa

The Gift of Wings, mixed media, 22 x 30 inches

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are getting lots of wonderful recognition . I hope this brings you many students. That is a real gift you have, freeing others in their own art. Congrats, Petie