Friday, January 5, 2018

Workshop is Just Around the Corner

Born to teach--you know the kid lining up dolls and stuffed animals and teaching them the ABC's. Yep, that was me! If I know how to do something, say how to make patterns and incorporate those patterns into paintings, then I want to share. I find painting and making stuff joyful and that is definitely worth sharing.  I am now seeking a group of other artists to join me March 3, 4, and 5, 2018 at the Newport Oregon Visual Arts Center.

As my workshop is filling up, I am getting excited to teach and explore art techniques in this beautiful venue.

This is the room with the view!
The workspace.

I will be teaching several ways to make patterns and put them into your work. If you like to collage, that is certainly one way to do it, but you can also just create by hand a pattern directly on to your artwork.



Although "Sound Bites" is a painting with collage, all the squares of various sizes were created by hand, directly onto the watercolor paper.
Newport Bay 

Please contact me for more information about Playing with Patterns, March 3, 4, and 5, 2018. $295 for 3 full days of creating art!

  msgodfreyart@msn.com or 541-912-3400



1 comment:

Linda Rothchild Ollis said...

Hi Margaret,
Isn't your workshop space in Newport the place you and I first met?
We were in a Frank Webb Workshop.

Have a great time there.
Checked out a December post of yours about using your computer
calendar to keep track of your paintings. I really like it...makes a lot
of sense!