Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Busy Times--A Redo

I'm not sure what has happened with the blog and Picasa, but with Mike's help and reading a blogging forum, I've gone around the problem I hope. Let me know if the images come through this time. Thanks for being loyal readers who let me know about the initial problem.

For the past two years I've been working as a co-chair for the Watercolor Society of Oregon Spring Show and Convention 2011. We are now 2 days away from the arrival of the Juror, Betsy Dillard Stroud, and the April 1-3 Convention. We expect something like 250 participants. All events are at the Eugene Hilton and the Jacobs Gallery. The planning has been quite an effort, even spread among 3 of us. As you might guess, it has been quite time consuming. After the convention, I will be facilitating (as the WSO representative) the 5 day workshop that Betsy will be giving April 4-8.

I entered a painting for the show, but it was rejected. It was a bit more bitter than usual, because I am so involved in hosting this event. However, in the last two weeks I've had two paintings accepted into 2 national shows. Chetco River will be in the Emerald Art Spring Exhibition 2011--juror, Judy Morris.





Chetco River 21x29

A day or two after that announcement I found out that my painting was selected for the National Watercolor Society's Members Show. Juror, Marciano Matinez, chose Orchid Eruption for the show in San Pedro, CA. I know you've seen it before, but this war horse of a painting has finally made it to the national level.



Orchid Eruption 21x29

And in spite of the remodel, convention planning, and family visiting, I have found time for one small painting in the last 3 months.

 

Civita: Maria's Treasures 14x10

Now I'm going to add a few family photos taken last week when daughter, Rachel, and her 3 kiddlywinks spent spring break with us.




Visiting my mom at Birch Home: Marin, Mattie the dog, Noah and Hannah in Great-grandma Margaret's lap.

 




Hannah is not too happy about bathing in the new kitchen sink!

 

Hannah is now eating solid food, but making quite a mess.




Rachel reads Noah a bedtime story,


and Marin, too.

It's not a real visit at Mimi's house without art. Here are Marin's efforts.



And then we say goodbye!

No comments: