Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Evolution of an Idea--Comedy/Tragedy

I've been asked to post the photo and first painting I did of the Roman ruin that has inspired two pieces.

Here is the photo.

Posted by Picasa

And this is Ancient Voices, the first painting I did.

Posted by Picasa

From there I went to the idea of Comedy Tragedy masks, and I'll post the photos of that painting as it evolved.

 
Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa


This is the painting as I left it 2 days ago. I darkened the corners to keep the eye from being drawn out of the painting. I also added more connective lines and passages to pull things together. And finally I enhanced the writing on the banner with darker calligraphic marks.
Posted by Picasa

Comedy/Tragedy, Mixed Media 21 inches by 29 inches

No comments: