Thursday, January 23, 2014

Painting to Join the Umpqua Community College Permanent Collection

In early December, I responded to a "Call to Artists" from Umpqua Community College.
The Umpqua Community College Art Collection seeks to add to its permanent art collection through the acquisition of contemporary and modern art that recognizes the artistic talent of artists in the Pacific Northwest. The artwork will be placed in College buildings for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public. 

I sent off several images of paintings and prepared myself for the waiting game that comes with all art entries.

Yesterday, I was honored and delighted to hear that they are purchasing my painting "Catch, No Release."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...way to go. LV

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Margaret...This is quite a milestone and recognition of how well you speak to the culture of the Pacific Northwest. Way to go! Julie

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL!!! I love the painting. All of your hard work and perserverance is beginning to pay off!
Marline

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Margaret. The public will enjoy that painting forever.



Linda