Monday, January 18, 2010

Week Two-Weak Painting

When making my "a painting a week" goal, I didn't foresee a week of the painting time put in with the results being a big disappointment. It's silly that I didn't think of that possibility because I certainly have my fair share of failed paintings.

Anyway, that is what happened last week. I spent time daily out in the studio, but by Thursday, I had a watercolor collage that was very frustrating to me. It had potential along the way, but it fell apart on Thursday. I ended up with a painting that looked like 2 paintings. The top and bottom did not go together. I looked at it during the morning studio cleaning, but ultimately decided to put it in a drawer and start with a new concept.

I spent quite a bit of time looking through my photos of Italy and chose to combine 3 photos to create one painting. It has two women placed in front of a produce stand, with a man looking at the women. I ended up with a good drawing at the end of the week and a bad painting in the drawer.

Mike and I took off for Vancouver Friday afternoon to celebrate our granddaughter's birthday. Angelica actually turns 8 today, but the party was on Saturday.

 
Posted by Picasa

Opening presents.

 
Posted by Picasa

Angelica's friend from Springfield was a surprise party attendant.

 
Posted by Picasa

Noah loved wearing his pirate patch and growling arrrr.

 
Posted by Picasa

The eye-patch was a favorite favor--here's Marin.

 
Posted by Picasa

Nothing ends a birthday party like a good tickle.

 
Posted by Picasa

Followed by a nap.

 
Posted by Picasa


And here's the birthday girl enjoying some of her gifts (a computer game) the day after the party.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...

I got a start on that good drawing.

 
Posted by Picasa


Stay tuned for Week Three.

No comments: