Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thanks for the comments!

This is a reply to a comment regarding Textures of Assisi, the painting posted 2 days ago.

You can read the comments others have left by clicking on comments at the bottom of a post. Of course, if it reads "0 comments" there have not been any left on that post. You can be the first! A comment has to be okayed by me to be posted. I'm only filtering out computer generated stuff or inappropriate comments. I welcome helpful feedback.

Hiloguy,

Your comment is very valid. I see your point, however, the vibrancy of the watercolors really pulls at me. So I have two options here. One is risk losing the original painting, because putting washes over this piece could really make it muddy or lessen its appeal. This is a constant question--when is a painting done? On the other hand, working on it further, darkening the walls and "aging" the surroundings could create a more powerful painting.

The other option is start from scratch and go for a different painting on the same theme.




No comments: