Monday, April 14, 2008

Beginning a new piece

 


Rather than painting, this past week I've been working on other aspects of my art responsibilities such as creating a postcard, getting business cards made, looking at my mat and frame inventory. The incentive for all this activity is getting prepared for my trip to Hilo the end of May. All decision-making, designing,ordering,etc. takes time and energy. I'm not yet practiced in the area of marketing and getting prepared to maximize exposure for an opening, so I'm reading and flying by the seat of my pants.

In the meantime, I've had another personal painting formulating in my mind. It's working title is "Birth of the Red-headed Family." Like "Holding it Together" this painting is totally out of my head and consequently much more difficult to bring to completion. This morning I got started with the figures and some scattering of colors. I put the family in front of a Tree of Life motif and will be struggling with tying it all together in my next studio time.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: