Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Things Learned and Acted On

One of the things I love about art is that it is always a learning process. I learn from my own mistakes, my successes, and other artists. After a day with LaVonne followed by meeting with my critique group, I came back home ready to improve the cherry blossom painting from a couple of weeks ago.

 
Posted by Picasa


I took some suggestions from my critique group and the techniques I learned from LaVonne to soften edges, tie together some colors, and generally work over quite a few areas. What do you think?

 
Posted by Picasa

Cherry Blossoms 22 x 30

I got lots of props from my group for Taking Off. It is a small painting and several people thought it should be turned into a larger piece.

 
Posted by Picasa


As I was lamenting the long process of drawing grids and trying to transfer all the shapes to a full sheet of watercolor paper, it was suggested I get the small painting scanned and printed in black and white. So off I went to Kinkos, where for $3 I got the painting scanned and printed to nearly 22 x 30 ( the size of a watercolor sheet). When I got it home, it was simple to put the B & W print with a sheet of WC paper on top of it and place the 2 papers on our picture window. Using the sun for my light, I had a perfect light box for copying.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: