Thursday, May 26, 2011

Three Small Paintings

I've spent a lot of time in the studio this week. Mike is rafting/rowing the Grand Canyon, so I've had very few distractions.

One project I've worked on has been creating 3 small paintings for an upcoming show at Vistra Frame Outlet in Eugene. My three paintings are in 6 x 8 frames and will sell for under $200.

Sweetheart Abbey is inspired by a ruin I saw recently in Scotland. This piece is covered with collage, then painted over with acrylic. I've got to say that it is a challenge to use collage on such a small painting.

 
Posted by Picasa

Lavascape #12 is the smallest I've ever done of this series. I began these lavascapes several years ago in Hawaii. This one is acrylic with some collage.

 
Posted by Picasa

Liz Matissed is a small rendition of a painting I did in the Betsy Dillard Stroud workshop I took in April. The original is on a full sheet of watercolor paper and I was curious how it would translate into a small piece. It seems to suit this size also.

 
Posted by Picasa


If you are in Eugene, stop by to see this show of small art pieces. Many artists will be represented in this show, and the work will be affordable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces again, Aunt Sue! I like Sweetheart Abbey very much. The colors are so pretty, and my eyes have fun jumping back and forth from foreground to background and to the Abbey again. I love the details of the building, the arched windows and the shadowy middle, exposed to the elements. I also like what looks like a lone bird above the leafless tree. Wonderful painting! Lovely, all three of them! But had to chat about the first one especially.

Best of luck with the show!

Love, Janny

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you following through on the small stuff...nice translations. LV

Anonymous said...

I love all 3. You do amazing things with color and these are 3 examples of that.

Petie