Friday, June 10, 2011

My New Weekly Studio-Workshop

Last Tuesday afternoon, four artists joined me at the Vida McKenzie Community Center to paint, get some instruction, and receive pointers on improving their work. This will be a weekly event, Tuesdays noon to 4 p.m. The Community Center is about 25 miles up river from Eugene/Springfield, and 12 miles down river from my house in Blue River. There is plenty of room for a large group. I'm charging $25 a session. Feel free to contact me, or just show up.

 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa

The idea I shared was to work on a sheet of watercolor paper with an underpainting. I prepared 2 sheets the night before, both using a triad of primary colors. The following 2 paintings were painted over an underpainting of alizarin crimson, aureolin yellow, and cobalt blue.  The floral was painted in Tuesday's session.

 
Posted by Picasa

I haven't figure out how to finish this piece, but it's been fun dropping in a mixture of colors and painting around the shapes.

 
Posted by Picasa








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I was within driving distance, you'd see me every single Tuesday afternoon! I think this is awesome, Aunt Sue!

I hope you have some wonderful sessions with your area artists and friends.

Good luck on the new venture J

I love the project idea too; it's so good that you give students ideas for something to work from and with. It's so daunting to start on a big blank white sheet of paper, at least for me it is!

Have a great weekend!

Love, Janny