Monday, December 12, 2011

Cross Section: Deep in the Rogue River Canyon

Posted by Picasa
Cross Section: Deep in the Rogue River Canyon
22 x 18
Mixed Media


Although it is harder and harder during the holiday season to get out to the studio, I do not want to lose the momentum I've experienced as I work on this current series. I am so enjoying finding different ways to express my experiences and feelings about rivers.

In this one, I wanted to emphasize the depth of the river canyon, so using a cross section for the river portion helped convey that. The heron in this one is a symbolic sentinel of this timeless place. This is inspired by the fall mornings on the river when the sun rises after the raft has been launched, and its warmth is hungrily anticipated.

Don't forget, it's not too late to give the gift of art! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am MAD about this piece!!!!

Petie