Tuesday, April 11, 2017

After a Big Build-up, "Pour It On" Arrived

Image may contain: 1 personNo automatic alt text available.

For years the Watercolor Society of Oregon (WSO) has been preparing to host the Western Federation of Watercolor Society (WFWS) Annual Exhibit. It was our good fortune to be able to hold both exhibits at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art in Eugene, Oregon. The museum also agreed to have a 12 piece exhibit of our Juror Jeannie McGuire's work. These three shows are full of color and energy. The shows demonstrate why watercolor is truly fine art. As the co-chair of this big event (including a 5-day workshop and a 4-day convention) I am now sitting down to catch my breath.

I had several very nice things come with this convention regarding my art. My painting was featured on the postcard published by they JSMA as well as the 8 foot banner that you see above. On top of that, "Will She Be Allowed?" was the featured colored painting in the Register Guard's article about the Exhibit. http://registerguard.com/rg/entertainment/arts/35436062-60/color-me-water-watercolors-get-their-due-at-the-expansive-pour-it-on-exhibit.html.csp. And to top off all that recognition, this painting won an award from Juror Jeannie McGuire.

Will She Be Allowed?
Mixed Media, 29 x 22
*Winner of an Award of Merit*
I have two other paintings in Oregon exhibitions this spring. One is in Expressions West at the Coos Art Museum. That show opens this Friday in Coos Bay, Oregon. I will be traveling down to the opening reception to enjoy the art and see which paintings Juror Katherine Chang Liu has chosen for awards.

Teen Dreams
Mixed Media, 29 x 22

And today I ordered the mat and frame for "When Women March." That piece has been selected by Juror Ruth Armitage for the Emerald Spring Exhibition 2017, in Springfield, Oregon. That show opens on May 5 and will show for the month of May.

When Women March
Aquamedia, 18 x 24
I do hope you all find an art exhibit to visit soon, whether it is here in Oregon or in some other state. I know I have gotten so much inspiration from seeing how others paint and think and express their creativity. Now I am needing to settle in and start painting some of the many, many ideas residing in my mind!!







No comments: