It has been nearly two months since our home burned down in the Holiday Farm Fire. We first stayed with family, which was nice and comfortable, but not practical as a long-term solution to our situation.
And there it is, Long-Term!
|"This has been a great little adventure, but now let's go home."|
We have moved into a very comfortable, fully furnished rental for at least two months, but we are making plans to rebuild on our property. That is more like a two year process. My original thinking after our evacuation was that since "by the grace of" the studio didn't burn down, I would just drive up to Blue River to return to being a productive painter. However, the reality of doing that is not that simple nor practical.
- Currently my studio is also home to tools since it is the only locked space on the property.
- The only way to get light is to haul the generator out of the studio, get it started, hook it up to the barn's electrical breaker panel.
- With winter coming, it will be darn cold to work in there.
- Plus it is an hour drive each way.
- Did I mention that Mike is having double knee-replacement surgery next week? Nurse Margaret will be on duty for quite awhile.
|Enduring the Cure (Sold)|