Friday, October 17, 2008

4 Days in San Francisco

I recently spent four days in San Francisco. My husband was down there for a construction management conference, going to meetings and attending educational sessions, which left me to see the sights.

 
Posted by Picasa


Walking around the city, visiting museums, gave me the opportunity to admire the city architecture. I really enjoy seeing the old and the new standing together.


 
Posted by Picasa


Last week was also "Fleet Week," so we saw lots of ships and sailors.

 
Posted by Picasa


We had a great view of the Bay from our room at the Hyatt Regency. Mike took this shot one morning at dawn. (I was sound asleep!)

 
Posted by Picasa


On Monday, many museums were closed, so I hopped on a ferry to Sausalito, a very old and well known artsy town.

 
Posted by Picasa


It seems I can't go anywhere without viewing helicopters putting out wild fires--even in San Francisco Bay!

 
Posted by Picasa


I spent several hours walking around Sausalito seeing some very exciting art in the many galleries in town. There was a lot of talk about a $200 million yacht, the Maltese Falcon. It's for sale, if you are interested.

 
Posted by Picasa


The weather was wonderful all the days we were there, so visiting Golden Gate Park was very attractive. One afternoon I spent wandering the Japanese Garden there.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


I was amazed to see this hawk in the city.

 
Posted by Picasa


A newly remodeled and reopened museum is the SF Acaemy of Sciences. It is totally hi-tech and includes a rain forest exhibit, an aquarium, an exhibit of live African penguins, a natural science room with African animals. The museum is topped off by a green roof.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


At the end of our stay, we made a pact to come back to see more of the beautiful city.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: