Friday, August 27, 2010

Am I Done?

As with the painting "Sisters," this picture of the two Italian ladies continues to be fine-tuned.

 
Posted by Picasa


After cleverly changing the hand using the flip/mirror image trick, it was obvious that the hand was misplaced. Her arm was awkwardly elongated. Yesterday I scrubbed it out, to replace it closer in on the figure's lap.

 
Posted by Picasa


I also removed some of her right shoulder that was too angular and broad. I also scrubbed out some of the back to add back in some variety I'd lost with the many washes. I also let some warm color wash down through the bottom part of the painting.

So is it done now?

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you fixed the hand. That's the only thing that had bothered me. As far I'm concerned you are done. I love it. Petie

Anonymous said...

Hey. You're the boss as to whether it is done.



Linda