Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Inspiration for a Fun Piece

Just by getting out and painting everyday, I have broken through the block I was feeling a couple of weeks ago. I produced two nice realistic pieces, one loose, quick figure study and continued into a more abstract creation yesterday. My inspiration for this piece was a green, one pint berry box and 11 pound of blueberries my husband and I picked on Saturday.

 
Posted by Picasa

I started with a white shape, and pulled out a couple of collage sources.

 
Posted by Picasa

Next I started a background, keeping in mind the round shapes of the blueberries.

 
Posted by Picasa

I continued to add color and more circles to the background.

 
Posted by Picasa

Then I added the basket and berries.

 
Posted by Picasa

Here's the piece with color added by the mouth atomizer.

 
Posted by Picasa

Now the collage pieces have been glued on.

 
Posted by Picasa

Red, White, and Blueberries 14 x 21

Just before leaving the studio tonight, I taped on a few pieces of black paper. I would use black acrylic paint to make permanent marks. Now I have to decide whether I like the additional black or will I leave it with only the reds and blues. I'll sleep on it and take a second look tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

Hi Margaret,
Well done! I love this one :) I really like the small straight lines that connect to top & bottom. I wonder if you could use one or two more, larger or wider, etc. elsewhere. I am wondering if the black is a little harsh. Maybe another color that is in contrast? A dark green for instance or brilliant magenta? See what you think?

Anonymous said...

What a creative way to approach the subject!! I'm curious as to what you decide about the black. I think it definitely gives the painting more depth.
Marline