Thursday, February 7, 2008

Holding It Together--more alterations

 
Posted by Picasa

After reading a fellow watercolorist's comments, I turned the light under the "wild child" to dark. This eliminated the dual color outline that wasn't really working and made a much stronger statement about the center of interest. I softened the edges under the little person, making the dark bleed into the lighter forground. I will have a bit more confidence next time I take on a story-type painting that is based only on my own ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you called it a story-type painting because that is true for sure. When I saw it first yesterday I was amazed at your new direction. I think it is very exciting and I think we all know this family. The little person is expressed so well. Please don't ask me to babysit. Petie